Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Week 8 Top Picks


After my first post I looked to see what changes I could make to this weeks post. This week I will do players you should start and players you should sit. As well as review the previous weeks picks. So starting with the players you should start:

picture from google images

Up first is my sleeper pick of Jeremy Kerley of the NY Jets. I picked him because the Jets are looking for a go to receiver since no other wide out on the Jets can be #1 receiver. He put up 120 yds on the Pats last week and in the Jets first meeting against the Dolphins MIA gave up 236 yds and 41 fantasy pts to the Jets wide outs. Kerley is a good option not only as a starter but a great option for a sub for a bye week starter.


My second pick is Rashard Jennings of the Jags. Since MoJo (MJD) is out he is a great pick up verse a Green Bay D that gives up an average of 19 fantasy pts to RB's. Also Green Bay has given up 80+ yds rushing in 6 of the last 7 games. Making Jennings a must start.

My third pick is Daryl Richardson of STL. He is averaging 5.1yds a carry and 10.2 yds a reception. Against a New England D that has only had 1 100 yd rusher this yr still gives up fantasy pts to opposing running backs. Look at Richardson as a sub player.

My last pick this week is Big Ben of Pit. Even though Big Ben has had some issues the last few weeks after a big game against Oakland he's a great start against a Washington D that gives up 300+ yds and at least 2 TD's a game to QB's.

My sit'em start with Alex Smith of SF. Arizona's D is nasty to opposing QB's ask Tom Brady. The AZ D on average only gives up 14 fantasy pts to QB's. With it being in the middle of your fantasy season this may be one risk you may want to avoid.

My second sit'em is Steven Jackson of STL. Jackson is only averaging 8.3 fantasy pts a game right now and that is not the type of number you want to have at the end of a game from a starter. No injury report suggests why Jackson is struggling this year but he should be worried with having back-ups like Richardson behind him.

My last sit'em is Vernon Davis of SF. Again like before AZ's D is just plain mean to TE's except the New England TE's. The AZ D is allowing a mare 6.71 fantasy pts to TE's this year. Also the last 2 weeks Davis has only put up 6 pts on teams that have solid D's.

Last week I picked Brandon Gibson of STL to be a sleeper pick he put up 11 pts which isn't bad for a fill-in receiver especially since Calvin Johnson of Det only had 6 pts. Also I mentioned starting Fred Jackson of Buf. He had a monster game putting up 25 fantasy pts. My third pick was Ahmad Bradshaw of NYG. He had a solid day that ended up 16 fantasy pts which is respectable for any starter especially with having a foot injury.



Have a great week players

No comments:

Post a Comment