Friday, November 16, 2012

5 Players To Look At This Week

Last week I didn't have such a great week but I'm back at it again. This week I found 5 players to start, sit or use caution with.


Photo from www.sfexaminer.com
My starter this week is Carson Palmer of Oakland. I'm sure some of you think I've lost my mind but just hear me out. Over the past 2 weeks Palmer has put up 782 yards and 6 TD's against not great but solid defenses in Tampa Bay and Baltimore. A downside though is he does turn the ball over. Even with that Palmer is averaging 33 points over the same 2 week span. If any of you are like me and need a QB since Big Ben, Vick, Cutler, & Smith all went down Palmer may be a perfect fill in for a week or two. New Orleans averages 27.9 points a game to opposing QB's The Saints defense has only had 3 games this season where the opposing QB has scored 25 or fewer points. Lastly, the Saints secondary isn't the best giving up and average of 322 yards a game.

My second pick this week is Jeremy Kerley of the New York Jets. Now I know you think I'm crazy. Kerley is a Jet and they are terrible this year but some weeks they are worth the start and this week is one of them. While Kerley is ranked 40th among starting wide outs he averages a little over 11 points a game. Kerley is one of about 3 Jets that are worth a look this week. The Rams secondary is a middle of the road team giving up 31.8 points a week to opposing wide outs. With Kerley as the clear number 1 receiver on the team and little or no production out of any of the other wide outs he should have a great game and even make it into the end zone.

My third player to look at this week is Jamaal Charles of the Kansas City Chiefs. He ripped it off a 100 yard game against a weak left sided Steeler D, he has the potential to have repeat performance against the league's 26th ranked defense in Cincinnati. If the DaBoll remembers his game plan from last week and seen how effective Charles was he'll dial up run and pass plays that put the ball in the veterans' hands so he can do what he does...... move the chains.

This we I have a caution player which happens to be Steven Jackson of St. Louis. Last week he had the best game of the season which gained him 20 points in my league against a good forty-niner defense. I however don't see him repeated that even against a sub-par Jet defense. I consider what happened last week a off week for a good defense. The only thing that could allow Jackson to have a great game is the fact that Amendola is back and now the Rams aren't a one dimensional team. 

Lastly, comes my last caution pick of Josh Freeman while he was red hot coming off the bye week he has started to slow down over the past few weeks. One great thing about Freeman is that he doesn't turn the ball over. While Freeman could have solid day I don't see him having the kind of game he has had in the last few weeks. I could see him having a game with about 250 yards passing and 2 TD's which is close to his projection, but then the factor of the Carolina defense gets added in which only gives up 17.8 points a game and is the league's 10th best passing defense. It'll take a good running game from Doug Martin (which put up 95 yards against Carolina in the first meeting) only to open up the passing lanes for Freeman. Also something to look at is Freeman only had 138 yards passing and 1 TD in the season opener at home. 

Have a great game this week and please feel free to leave me comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment