Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Top Picks for Week 13


Ok fantasy players let’s get this final week of the fantasy regular season off right. For some of you it may be a must win others you are already have a playoff spot locked in. This week for me is a must win because I want the first round bye. In order for that to happen I need the first place guy to lose or tie. Before I kick this week off fully I’d like to recap last week where I picked 2 out of 3 Chad Henne and Ryan Broyles. Both players had solid showings where Henne threw 17-26 for 261 yards and 2 touchdowns while also tossing a pair of picks, but still ended the day with 23 fantasy points which happened to be higher than Payton Manning and Aaron Rodgers and Broyles caught half of his 12 targets for a 6 catches and 126 yard day not bad for a fill in player. Now let’s get this final regular season week started.

photo by hawkfantasysports.wordpress.com
This week I’m going to where the sky is the limit at Mile-High with Knowshon Moreno of Denver. Last week after coming off injury and filling in for the injured McGhee, Moreno had 20 carries for 85 yards and catching all four of his targets for 26 yards. Moreno’s season is a bust since he hasn’t played since week 2 where he only had 8 carries for 15 yards and a touchdown. Look for Moreno to finish out the rest of the season making up for lost time. Moreno is a strong pass blocker so between running the ball and catching the ball Moreno should see a lot of time on the field. Tampa Bay has the league’s best run defense, but look for Denver to have a balanced attack of running and throwing the ball. Worst case is Moreno sees more targets in the passing game than carries. Payton Manning is a quarterback that knows how to use all his options to move the ball down the field. I’ll be a little bold to say Moreno runs for about 65 yards and a touchdown while catching around a 4-6 passes for another 40-50 yards. I’ve already placed Moreno as my flex player this week.



photo by Zimbio.com


Again I’m heading to the Motor City, this time for a tight end. Brandon Pettigrew is a tight end that definitely gets his looks. Last week he was targeted 15 times, that’s more targets than almost every wide-out last week. He had 8 catches last week for 74 yards. The only downside to Pettigrew is that he tends to fumble the ball or drop passes, but Stafford has a good relationship with his tight end because he still goes to him when he needs to. Look for Pettigrew to continue to get his looks against the Colts. Pettigrew is projected to have an 11 point day and if he gets the looks he did against Houston then he’ll definitely hit that mark and possibly reach the end zone this week.







Photo by leaguesafepost.com

In third place comes a back that could surprise people this week and that back comes from the sunshine state of Florida and the Jaguars. Rashad Jennings hasn’t made the most out of his opportunities but look for a change this week against a Buffalo team that has given up some points to opposing running backs. MJD is still likely to be out and Parmele on IR the running duties are on Jennings to shine. While Jennings is only averaging 2.8 yards a carry that will probably move closer to 5 yards a carry against that Bills front seven and due to an increase of carries. I have used Jennings in the past and he had fair day as a fill-in player when I needed one because of injury which my team has had its fair share of lately. Jennings has a very good opportunity to punch one in this week which I fully believe he will to reach that high projection he was given of 17. I would be more likely to say he’ll be around 14 points by the end of the day. 

Photo by bleacherrport.com
One thing I have never done on a post is pick a defense/special team but this year has been a crazy year where D/ST have been putting up numbers better than some running backs or wide-outs. So this week its a go for broke week and I'm rolling with the Arizona Cardinals verse the leagues' 28th ranked passing offense in the N.Y. Jets. The Jets season has been horrible to say the least. While the Cardinals defense is only projected 7 points it would not surprise anyone if they hit double digits in the first half. 



 Please leave a comment or ask questions. Have a great final week of the regular season!!!!







5 comments:

  1. I think next year, I will just have you take over my fantasy league. I didn't do so well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week is make or break week for me for the playoffs. I have Darren McFadden but he has been kind of a bust this season for me and hes coming off a injury. Should i start him over Jaquiz Rogers? Also for my wide recievers i have V. Jackson, V. Cruz, M. Austin, M. Colston. Would you sub Dwayne Bowe for any of these WR??

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, i wouldnt start Bowe over any of those wide outs. Kansas City has no passing game that can get him the ball. Do you have another running to pick from because none of your options are good McFadden is a total bust and Rogers is a backup to Turner in ATL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I wish I could have somehow known you were gonna do a fantasy football blog when the season started. I would just follow your suggestions every week and make a killing winning my office pool. Oh well, I guess I can only win basketball this year... I just read through most of you other postings and you're insight into the game is incredible. You're research is thorough and you're knowledge is vast, well done dude.

    ReplyDelete